All Orbits, All Planets – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Want to join a team that builds rockets on the Gold Coast? We’re recruiting a Warehouse Specialist to join our team.
Why you should join our mission:
Our dedicated team is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change in a dynamic environment. This role also offers:
- Unique opportunity to join a rocket company based on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Experience the buzz of working and contributing towards a rocket launch- Join the team now to be onboard in time for our launch date
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven by its culture with initiatives such as team BBQs
- Expand your skills and knowledge into the innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Acknowledge and take receipt of all incoming materials and packages, identify, receipt in inventory management system, and transport to receiving inspection, stockroom or identified location.
- Take direction from supervisor/lead
- Verify all material received for conformity with accompanying paperwork, checking for damage, correct part numbers and quantity as required
- Create shipping documents, packing slips, shipping labels as per Gilmour Space dispatch procedure
- File and maintain records of shipping documents per company guidelines
- Perform cycle counts to assure proper inventory
- Maintain strict material handling practices in accordance with best business practices
- Store parts and materials in bins, drawers, and racks, identifying part and stored location
- Accurately update inventory management system
- Operate forklifts and material handling equipment per safety procedures
- Maintain good housekeeping in area
- Coordinate internal receipt pickup and internal delivery service as required
- Perform picking function to make up necessary kits of parts, material and hardware as required, ascertaining that all parts are available and accounted for in kit
- Willingness to learn other areas and aspects of team roles, including Laser Part Marking
- Other duties as requested by Management
Skills and Experience:
Mandatory Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Experience in shipping, receiving, and/or inventory control
- Current Forklift Licence
- Ability to perform manual labour tasks including lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be capable of obtaining and clearing a NV Level 1 Security Clearance
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
We recognise you may not meet all of the below, but don’t let that deter you. We are always looking for hard workers to join our team, so what are you waiting for? Let’s send Australia to space!
- 2+ years of experience in a warehouse environment
- Experience with RFIs and hand scanners
- Ability to work independently and part of teams
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing, aerospace, automotive, or commercial aircraft environment
- Experience with inventory management system
- Good time management skills and a strong sense of initiative
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft, Excel & Word
- Reading comprehension, multitasking, critical thinking, coordination
- Ability to embrace change and try new ideas
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspacetech.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.