- Leading Defence Subcontractor
- Fast paced dynamic work environment
- Work with a great team in a growing organisation
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Technical Writer to join Raytheon Australia’s Engineering & Technology Function. Accountable to the Technical Publication Team Lead, the Technical Writer is a member of the Publication Team responsible for the development and peer review of technical publications in line with approved schedules and standards.
The successful candidate must have evolved writing skills with the ability to write and re-write technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, software manuals, and operational specifications.
- Author system, maintenance and operator technical publications for electronic, electrical, mechanical, and other equipment
- Assist with managing technical publications data
- Assist with providing estimates supporting bid activities
- Assist with technical illustrations for publications
- Assist with schedule status
- Production and management of all standard operating procedural material
- Ensure publications for their conformance to standards and specifications including S1000D.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications in Communication, Journalism or Literature or demonstrated experience in a technical publications discipline
- Desirable to have experience in authoring / technical publications development in a Defence or Engineering related field
- Desirable to have knowledge of Defence related publication standards, including ADF technical publications
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated problem solving skill
- Ability to build trusted working relationships
- Ability to work autonomously, managing own time and tasking
- Experience with S1000D Technical Publication Management System
Must be able to obtain and maintain an Australian Defence Security Clearance. Eligibility can be found at http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career access your next mission by clicking the “Apply” button below or contact us at [email protected]