- Develop work instructions in support of work packages for Australian Naval assets
- Join our team of maritime sustainment experts!
- Located in Rockingham, WA
About the role
As our Work Pack Writer you will have a key role in developing Work Instructions (WI) for planned maintenance, corrective maintenance, urgent defects and certified items for Naval assets. You’ll be the go-to in ensuring that all maintenance work instructions comply with the requirements of the Australian Naval Publication set 1400 series working with our Senior Work Pack Writer to lead the teams success. Working from our office in Rockingham alongside a team of maritime sustainment experts, you will have the oppotunity to build your career whilst working on significant defence assets.
- Create Work Instructions utilising AMPS and the ANZAC SPO Portal databases IAW approved Work Instruction (Technical Repair Specification – TRS) Development processes and policies.
- Identify key Scope steps from either a Standard Activity (SA), TM200, Condition Assessment Report’s (CAR’s) or Hull Survey Reports (HSR’s) to construct a WI in accordance with the ANP as identified on the Main Work List (MWL).
- Identify relevant system drawings, manuals and associated documentation for inclusion into WI data packs and attachments.
- Identify job task material requirements to conduct planned and corrective maintenance for inclusion in the Task Material List (TML).
- Identify and report potential improvements to SA documents and WI process/procedures.
- Understand and adhere to the N4 library in accordance with ANP set 1400 series.
- Conduct tasking as lawfully directed by the Lead Technical Writer.
You have a minimum 2 years’ experience in Technical Writing skills within Defence or similar industry and are skilled in the use of MS Excel and Word. You’ve got experience using AMPS level 35 or equivalent with knowledge of Naval Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. You hold strong communication skills and work well with your stakeholders to ensure outcomes are delivered.
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering or relevant Trade Certificate
- Experience within the ANZAC class (Desirable)
- Systems Engineering & Configuration Management (Desirable)
- Must hold an Australian Defence Security Clearance, minimum Baseline.
Your future at Babcock – what we offer you
- We provide an agile work environment where you’re able to work onsite and remotely, and to set you up for this we provide a laptop and working from home kit if required, in addition we offer a compressed week which can provide you even more flexibility.
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave.
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave.
- You’ll have access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan.
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days.
- You’ll be able to participate in our weRecognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day in living our principles which are Be kind, Collaborate, Be Curious, Think Outcomes, Be Courageous and Own & Deliver.
If you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about us visit www.babcock.com.au
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, due to the defence orientation of this role, the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain Baseline Security Clearance, as defined in the AGSVA guidelines.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, police check, security check, qualifications and right to work.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.