- Be part of an exciting new project lifting Australia’s strategic defence capability;
- Join a Global Leader in technology and innovation;
- A friendly and collaborative team, conveniently located at Macquarie Park, NSW
At Raytheon Australia, we draw the brightest minds and give them work that excites them while continuously developing an environment for learning, to maintain a highly skilled and world-class engineering team.
Our Raytheon Australia Under Water Systems team leads the Combat Systems integration for Australia’s entire fleet of Collins Class Submarines. We provide mission support and ensure operational capability to protect, secure and defend our nation.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, as a new technology Systems Engineer you will join a new and exciting project in working with new innovative engineering technology. A proactive and collaborative engineer, you will engage directly with key stakeholders as you work to introduce this new technology to our Submarine fleet.
- Performing system design activities (including trade studies) to ensure system architecture is compatible with baseline and consistent across all subsystems; ensuring design meets performance requirements.
- Creating verification statements, perform technical risk analysis, as well as planning, documenting and executing verification and validation activities.
- Participating in major reviews throughout the lifecycle, including peer reviews, preliminary and detailed design reviews and test readiness review.
- Understanding and applying the systems engineering methodology, as well as the required tools and procedures.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree Qualified in relevant Engineering disciplines with eligibility to hold Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) standing.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Systems Engineering involving one or more of the following: requirements definition, requirements management, analysis, design, verification and validation.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with stakeholders at client, peer, supplier and senior leadership levels.
- Knowledge of project management milestones coupled with the ability to work autonomously or with minimal supervision to deliver completed work according to scheduled commitments.
- Available to undertake travel where necessary to meet requirements of the role.
Successful candidates must be eligible to obtain and maintain minimum Negative Vetting Level 1 Security Clearance. Information can be found at http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career access your next role by clicking the “Apply” button below or contact us at [email protected]