About the role
Designed to undertake a wide range of reviews, analysis and reporting to support the development and delivery of the Defence High Frequency Communications System’s (JP9101) Cyber Security aspects, the Cyber Security Systems Engineer will not only be an key resource to the wider team, they will also implement Systems Engineering processes in all aspects of the work, including a high level of stakeholder support and subcontractor communication to deliver a safe and secure delivery per the Australia Cyber Security framework. In addition, you will be able to show your skills in the below areas;
- Attorney Generals Protective Security Policy Framework
- Australian Signals Directorate Information Security Manual
- Implement system engineering principles in aspects of both designs, reviews and configuration management.
Having a solid foundation in both Systems Engineering and a practical procedural understanding of the Australian Government Security standards, you will perform an essential part of the wider business team to ensure a smooth delivery to the wider JP9101 team. To be a successful and key part of the team you will possess at least 8 years of experience within a prior Systems Engineering framework, including a minimum of 5 years practical exposure within Cyber Security ideally within a Defence environment. You will have the ability to demonstrate your skills in COMSEC principles, having excellent written and verbal communications, and a high level of computer skills.
What we offer you
- We provide an agile work environment where you’re able to work onsite and remotely, and to set you up for this we provide a laptop and working from home kit if required, in addition we offer a compressed week which can provide you even more flexibility;
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more;
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave;
- You’ll have access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- You’ll be able to participate in our weRecognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day in living our principles which are Be kind, Collaborate, Be Curious, Think Outcomes, Be Courageous and Own & Deliver.
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,600 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy.
Some of the programs our team across Australia and New Zealand are proud to be a part of involve:
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business;
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers;
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about Babcock visit www.babcock.com.au
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, due to the defence orientation of this role, the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain NV1 Security Clearance, as defined in the AGSVA guidelines.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, police check, security check, qualifications and right to work.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. To comply with public health orders or our customer requirements, some roles within the business will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to gain access to sites. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant