All Orbits, All Planets – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
As an experienced member of the manufacturing engineering team, the Structures Manufacturing Engineer will support the fast-paced manufacturing and test of Launch Vehicle and satellite hardware through the design, development and optimisation of all aspects. This will range from structural, airframe and other mechanical manufacturing and production activities, including but not limited to manufacturing best practices, and introduction of process improvement and enhancement across all areas of production. You will document and communicate across teams to ensure duties are performed in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space policies and procedures.
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Perform hands-on engineering and liaison role between the design teams and manufacturing organisation as Gilmour Space works to iterate on designs and ramp into the manufacturing phase.
- Responsible for the manufacturability of structures, mechanisms, airframes and other mechanical components
- Contribute to design reviews acting as an expert in design for manufacturability, design for testability, yield improvements, supplier capabilities assessments, quality control, etc.
- Primary point of contact for mechanical, structural and airframe component production non-conforming product, troubleshooting, root cause, failure investigations and corrective actions
- Lead the mature supply chain development for relevant manufacturing process components and materials
- Manufacturing equipment, machinery and material selection
- Manufacturing tooling design and validation
- Prepare engineering documentation necessary for the transition from development to production including manufacturing processes, standards, assembly procedures, test procedures, standard operating procedures, bills of materials, suitable alternate parts lists and mechanical drawings
- Update designs when necessary in response to manufacturing issues, parts/material obsolescence, and system requirement changes
- Lead continuous improvement efforts of established product to reduce issues, decrease manufacturing time, and lower costs
- Perform structured root cause analysis of in-process failures
- Perform training of manufacturing personnel and leadership
- Other duties as requested by Management
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Aerospace, or Structural Engineering
- 5+ years of experience working with aerospace structures in a professional setting (excluding internships)
- 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- 3+ years’ experience with CAD designing parts and assemblies (Solid works, Onshape preferred, Inventor, CATIA etc.)
- Must be capable of obtaining and maintaining an Australian Government NV Level 1 Security Clearance
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Aerospace, or Structural Engineering
- Demonstrated professional leadership experience on projects or structured activities
- Ability to work well in an integrated team including daily interactions with technicians, engineers, and managers
- Self-motivated with strong multi-tasking, organizational, communication and documentation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Policies and Procedures:
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees’ terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.