- Be part of something BIG!
- Permanent full time opportunity
- Henderson based
REF: SF 54683
About the role
Assist in the daily warehousing activities and operations at the Henderson site. Assist the Warehouse Supervisor and work closely with key stakeholders, both internally and externally, to ensure materials are held and available for scheduled maintenance periods and assist in the receipt and management of stores and equipment to respond to unscheduled maintenance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure an effective and productive warehouse team, under the direction of the Warehouse Supervisor;
- Work as directed in the receipt, storage and dispatch of goods in up to 3 warehouse sites;
- Coordinate the movement of goods to staging areas as directed and the accurate issuing of goods;
- Actively engage with members of the Engineering and Maintenance teams in understanding the stores’ requirements for future ships availabilities, under the direction of the Warehouse Supervisor;
- Engage collaboratively with all suppliers and stakeholders that may be sending goods to the warehouse facilities to ensure a smooth and efficient process and always providing clear and accurate communication; and
- Engage with stakeholders and supervisors on Garden Island, specifically Thales and the Navy, to coordinate the safe and efficient movement of stores within the island precinct.
- Current Motor Vehicle Driver’s Licence;
- Current Forklift Licence;
- Construction Induction Card (White Card);
- Must either hold, or be eligible to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance;
- The ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders at different levels;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands, handle multiple complex tasks; and
- Proficient skills in computers: MS Word, Excel, email.
- Experience working with the Australian Defence Force (ADF) or supporting ADF warehouse or logistic operations;
- Previous experience working in ship repair or sustainment;
- Experience and understanding in the use of MILIS, LNIDS, SAP and other ERP systems;
- Experience and understanding in the movement and storage of Dangerous Goods;
- An understanding of both domestic and international freight procedure, capabilities and limitations;
- Experience in effective supply chain relationships; and
- Diploma or certificate in logistics or warehouse operations.
Essential Compliance Requirements
- Must either hold or be eligible to obtain and maintain an Australian Defence Security Clearance at the following level:
- AGSVA Baseline Clearance
- Construction Induction Card (White Card).
- No restrictions to access For Official Use Only (FOUO) level or ITAR controlled material
What we offer you
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more;
- We offer flexible working arrangements where possible to help employees find the right balance between work and home life;
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave;
- You’ll have access to be Rewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- You’ll be able to participate in our we Recognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day.
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,600 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy.
Some of the programs our team across Australia and New Zealand are proud to be a part of involve:
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business;
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers;
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business.
This position will work within our Marine business unit, which provides asset management solutions to the Australian maritime sector. Working closely with supply chain partners, marine provides cost-effective and responsive solutions that optimise the availability, capability, and seaworthiness of critical maritime assets. Marine supports assets across the Royal Australian Navy’s fleet – most notably the Anzac Class Frigates as a member of the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) and the Canberra Class Landing Helicopter Docks (LHD), LHD Landing Craft (LLC) and associated assets.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about Babcock visit www.babcock.com.au.