Supportability Engineering Technician (LSA)
- Progressive and innovative Global business
- Join a high-performing team committed to your growth and development
- Support the Australian Defence Force’s maritime capability
About the Role
The Supportability Engineering Technician (Logistics Support Analysis (LSA)) is expected to conduct logistic support analysis, with guidance, in support of the development or optimisation of the Support System solution and provide support and input into the other elements of the Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) program, while developing knowledge, experience and skills.
Key responsibilities will also include:
- Responsible for conducting logistic support analysis and developing ILS data, artefacts and documentation covering:
- Level of Repair Analysis (LORA),
- Maintenance and Operating Task Analysis (MTA & OTA),
- Planned Maintenance Documentation,
- Technical Maintenance Plan, and
- Logistic Support Analysis Record (LSAR).
- Support and provide inputs into ILS related activities covering:
- Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA),
- Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM),
- Life Cycle Cost (LLC) analysis, and
- Technical Publications.
- Plan, deliver and monitor own tasks, ensuring requirements are delivered to time, quality and cost
- Produce (under guidance) technical documentation and solutions in support of assigned task (in accordance with applicable Delegation of Authority).
- Contribute to accurate and appropriate technical documentation records being securely developed and maintained in the appropriate data management system to support through life knowledge capture.
- Contribute to technical information presentation and discussion (including formal reviews) with customers (internal and external).
- Contribute to engineering /technical team decisions, understand why such decisions are made, and their relationship to project objectives.
- Have a basic understanding of the application of ILS and LSA principles and techniques in the development and maintenance of Mission and Support System solutions.
- Responsible for the Product Safety implications and consequences of their role in the Engineering Lifecycle.
- Conduct technical risk assessments
- Ensure procedures, codes and standards are correctly identified and applied to engineering and technical activities.
- Produce (under guidance) technical engineering processes to ensure integration with all operational areas.
- Produce (under guidance) business development artifacts to facilitate the development of successful bids (in accordance with applicable Delegation of authority).
- Seek and share good practice and knowledge locally, keep up to date with advancements in relevant technical areas and continue to develop skills and capabilities, to continuously improve both own and colleagues’ practice and professional development.
- Contribute to good working relationships within the technical teams and the wider Babcock to enable effective use of Business capability.
- Contribute to process improvement within the engineering lifecycle to deliver continuous improvements in quality, cycle time and asset utilisation.
- Contribute to the development of sustainable and innovative solutions and processes for the benefit of the organisation, the community and the world
You will have 1-2 years of experience within a supply chain or maintenance environment and within ILS acquisition or sustainment programs. Also hold a technical vocational qualification/certificate.
You will also have:
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- A positive attitude and work ethic
- A desire to implement continuous improvement activities
- Demonstrable ability to use initiative and prioritise workload.
- Lastly it is desirable Previous ILS engineering experience in either Defence or Defence Industry
- Previous experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems
- Previous experience mentoring more junior members of the engineering team.
Lastly it is desirable you have previous ILS engineering experience in either Defence or Defence Industry with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems
Babcock welcomes applications from candidates with all backgrounds, and experiences, however, due to the defence orientation of the role, the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain a Baseline Security Clearance, as defined by the AGSVA guidelines
Your future at Babcock – what we offer you
- We provide an agile work environment where you’re able to work onsite and remotely, and to set you up for this we provide a laptop and working from home kit if required, in addition we offer a compressed week which can provide you even more flexibility;
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more;
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave;
- You’ll have access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- You’ll be able to participate in our weRecognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day in living our principles which are Be kind, Collaborate, Be Curious, Think Outcomes, Be Courageous and Own & Deliver.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, due to the defence orientation of this role, the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain NV1 Security Clearance, as defined in the AGSVA guidelines.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, police check, security check, qualifications and right to work.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. To comply with public health orders or our customer requirements, some roles within the business will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to gain access to sites. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.