- Tailored career and development opportunities.
- Fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Position located at Garden Island Naval Base, Potts Point, Sydney, NSW.
With over ten million hours of complex combat system integration experience, Raytheon Australia has become the nation’s largest and most capable combat system integrator.
We are now seeking a Senior Technician with maritime communications experience to join our maintenance team at Garden Island. Reporting to the Senior Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for providing technical services in support of Guided Missile Destroyer Combat System Integrator (DDG CSI) maintenance activities.
- Conduct planned and corrective maintenance in accordance with approved procedures and technical documentation whilst supporting testing activities.
- Support development and review of equipment documents including work instructions and defect rectification plans.
- Participate in equipment operation and maintenance training along with collecting and reporting on activity status information.
- Ensure only serviceable and calibrated tools and specialist equipment are used to perform maintenance tasks.
- Liaise and work with original equipment manufacturers and subcontractor technical representatives, foreign military sales engineering and technical representatives and ship repairer production staff.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Certificate III in Electronics, Communications, or equivalent discipline.
- Ideally three years post-qualification experience preferably in a maritime, defence or shipyard environment with practical knowledge of maritime communications systems.
- Experience with production installation of hardware and cabling using design drawings and cable running sheets.
- Familiarity working within ISO quality standards, electrical/data interface protocols and server system/network protocols.
- Familiarity with radio, satellite, and internal communications systems. Fault finding & diagnostic experience.
Why choose Raytheon?
- We offer additional leave options such as purchased leave, paid parental leave, study leave and defence reservist leave;
- You’ll have access to career pathways for mentoring and professional learning & development opportunities through our highly regarded internal and externally sponsored courses;
- As a Raytheon Australia employee you’ll access to benefits such as R-Stars recognition program, EAP, salary sacrificing options, Super contributions, discounted Private Health, Novated Leasing, on site free parking and much more!
Successful candidates must be eligible to obtain and maintain Australian Government (Defence) Security Clearance up to Negative Vetting Level 1 – eligibility can be found at http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career, access your next mission now by clicking the “Apply” button or contact us at [email protected]