- Leading Defence Contractor committed to driving strategic growth
- Tailored career & development opportunities
- Based at RAAF Base Amberley near Ipswich in Brisbane’s west
As a Raytheon Avionics Technician, you will be employed in the Avionics Maintenance Section within the Intermediate Level Maintenance (ILM) facility, undertaking workshop maintenance activities on Avionics equipment as fitted to the RAAF’s F/A-18F Super Hornet and EA-18G Growler aircraft, which are based at RAAF Base Amberley. The work on these components is in support of Raytheon Australia’s Air Combat Electronic Attack Sustainment Program (AEASP) and is crucial for the operational capability of the RAAF’s frontline combat aircraft.
- Undertake scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities to facilitate aeronautical component production within ADF Technical and Regulatory airworthiness guidelines.
- Achieve Trade Supervisor authorisation for Avionics component maintenance activities within the Avionics Maintenance section.
- Repair and / or Bay Service of Repairable Items (RI’s) and sub components.
- Modifications (if required) of various parts or higher assemblies.
- Full functional testing of these RI’s on Test Equipment.
- Strong focus on safety while meeting production requirements.
- Ensuring Technical, Quality and Regulatory compliance is conducted to meet Defence Aviation Safety Regulations and ISO certifications.
Skills, Experiences and Qualifications
- Certificate IV in Aeroskills (Avionics) or national equivalent qualification.
- Previous experience in Aircraft or workshop maintenance.
- User familiarity with the ADF Computer Aided Maintenance Management 2 (CAMM2) system.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Defence security clearance (Negative Vetting 1 level).
- Have a good understanding of the Defence Aviation Safety Regulations.
At Raytheon Australia we respect the value of military service. Many of our customers are the men and women who defend our nation and its interests while a number of our employees also serve in the Reserves or are military veterans themselves.
Being a major supplier to the Australian Defence Force (ADF), we recognise the particular talents that only veterans can offer. Working with Raytheon provides former members of the ADF an opportunity to bring their military skills to the private sector for a successful transition into the civilian workforce.
We offer competitive remuneration, a great team environment and a commitment to safety and regulatory compliance to ensure we deliver a quality product to our customer on time, every time.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career access your next mission by clicking the “Apply” button below or contact us at [email protected]