All Orbits, All Planets – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Want to work for a team building rockets on the Gold Coast? We’re recruiting a Security Officer to join our team.
Why you should join our mission:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change. This role also offers:
- Unique opportunity to join a rocket company based on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Experience the buzz of working and contributing towards a rocket launch- Join the team now to be onboard in time for our launch date
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven by its culture that emphasizes safety and conducts initiatives such as team BBQs
- Expand your skills and knowledge into the innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Develop and implement security policies and plans
- Be accountable for ensuring obligations for Defence Industry Principles Framework (DISP) policy documents are met
- Ensure the company complies with the relevant obligations, policy and procedures in relation to security
- Ensure an appropriate system of risk, oversight and management are obtained
- Issue reports to internal and external stakeholders
- Facilitating security/threat awareness training of personnel
- Report security incidents and fraud incidents, and contact reports
- Actively monitor and manage the ongoing suitability of sponsored security cleared personnel including their security attitudes and behaviours
- Other duties as necessary and requested by Management
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience in a Security Officer, Security Advisor or Supply Chain Risk Management Advisor position
- Must be capable of obtaining and clearing a NV Level 1 Security Clearance.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
We recognise you may not meet all of the below, but don’t let that deter you. We are always looking for hard workers to join our team, so what are you waiting for? Let’s send Australia to space!
- Strong sense of initiative
- Exceptional communication skills both oral and written
- Understanding/Experience working with the Defence Industry Principles Framework (DISP) policy
- Understanding/experience working with the CoA Information Security Manual (ISM).
- Experience in planning and managing security assistance operations.
- Experience in conducting profile specific security risk assessments.
- Ability to critically analyse multiple streams of information under time pressure and produce actionable insights.
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspacetech.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.