- ANZAC Ship Maintenance Support
- WAMA Alliance – Defence industry
- Strategic leadership and delivery role
You will be an operational project delivery leader, with substantial experience in developing and managing engineering services-based teams within an organisation supporting complex assets with high levels of professional assurance.
You will bring a high level of understanding from working within a ship maintenance support, delivery or repair program environment and have a proven ability to effectively implement change management to deliver efficiencies.
About the role
Reporting to the Program Delivery Director WAMA (Warship Asset Management Agreement), you will be required to operate successfully at both a strategic and operational level and hold responsibility for the management of, and delivery to, the ANZAC Ship Maintenance Availability Master Plan (SMAMP).
You will provide program delivery coordination of production support services, while directly contributing to the strategic management of the External Maintenance Period (EMP) and Upgrade programs (including reviews to predict and manage future performance or delivery issues).
This role is based in Henderson, Western Australia.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Australian Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain Defence Security Clearance as per AGSVA requirements
- Substantial management experience of operational and engineering services-based delivery teams
- Qualification in either engineering, project management or other applicable technical field (or suitable experience)
- Highly developed understanding of working within a ship maintenance support/ delivery/ repair/ program environment
Your future at Babcock – what we offer you
- We provide an agile work environment where you’re able to work onsite and remotely, and to set you up for this we provide a laptop and working from home kit if required, in addition we offer a compressed week which can provide you even more flexibility;
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more;
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave;
- You’ll have access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- You’ll be able to participate in our weRecognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day in living our principles which are Be kind, Collaborate, Be Curious, Think Outcomes, Be Courageous and Own & Deliver.
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,300 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy.
Some of the programs our team across Australia and New Zealand are proud to be a part of involve:
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business;
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers;
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about us visit www.babcock.com.au
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, due to the defence orientation of this role, the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain an appropriate level of Defence Security Clearance for the role, as defined in the AGSVA guidelines.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, police check, security check, qualifications and right to work.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
SF Job Req #54531