- Mission and Support Systems – Defence exposure
- Blend of scheduling and cost control
- Osborne location
About the role
In this role you will be responsible for applying project control competencies, develop and maintain the Program Integrated Schedule, and take the lead on project controls across schedule management and cost. You will prepare and maintain program structures and schedules for activities and events, taking account of dependencies and resource requirements. In addition, you will gather information from various sources to ensure accuracy and control of forecasts and actual costs against budgets.
Reporting to the Program Manager, you will be based at our Osborne site, forming part of our Mission and Support Systems business working on the Collins Program.
You will have the ability to collaborate across the program, provide insights and advice within scheduling and cost control, and make recommendations on schedule options and strategies to focus on optimisation and refinement.
Your background will come from a similar environment (eg Defence, maritime) or business sector and you will have a high level of scheduling experience with knowledge of project control toolsets including project performance analysis and reporting variance analyses, trend analysis and change control management.
To be successful ideally you will have:
- Australian Citizen with active Defence security clearance (or the ability to obtain and maintain)
- Advanced level of schedule management and cost controls experience
- Knowledge and experience in the use of commercially available scheduling systems (MS Project, Prima Vera, IFS)
- Full project lifecycle experience from bid phase through to close out
- Ideally a Bachelor Degree in Engineering/Project or another related discipline
Your future at Babcock
- We provide an agile work environment where you’re able to work onsite and remotely, and to set you up for this we provide a laptop and working from home kit if required, in addition we offer a compressed week which can provide you even more flexibility;
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more;
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave;
- You’ll have access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- You’ll be able to participate in our weRecognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day in living our principles which are Be kind, Collaborate, Be Curious, Think Outcomes, Be Courageous and Own & Deliver.
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,600 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy.
Some of the programs our team across Australia and New Zealand are proud to be a part of involve:
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business;
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers;
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more visit www.babcock.com.au
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, due to the defence orientation of this role, the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain an appropriate level of Security Clearance, as defined in the AGSVA guidelines.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, police check, security check, qualifications and right to work.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
SF Req ID #54241