- Lead with Impact: Unleash Your Leadership Potential!
- Innovate, Collaborate, Elevate: Transform Procurement at Babcock!
- Embrace Babcock’s dynamic culture, fostering collaboration and innovation for collective success.
About the Role
A great opportunity awaits to showcase your leadership abilities at Babcock! In this role, you’ll be at the forefront of guiding the team towards success and overseeing the procurement team that supports the Defence supply chain.
Your responsibilities will include formulating, leading, and implementing procurement plans and sourcing strategies, all rooted in thorough research and analysis. The aim is to enhance value for money outcomes and align with stakeholder needs and expectations.
You’ll take charge of managing supplier escalations and fostering engagement, particularly when supplier performance falls short of established targets. Collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders across the procurement and supply chain spectrum will be crucial to devise innovative solutions that add value to the business.
Moreover, your role will involve facilitating and supervising comprehensive contract negotiations with both existing and potential suppliers. Additionally, you’ll provide support for bids and tenders as needed, contributing to the overall success of the procurement function.
You will bring
- Procurement management experience.
- Experience in operational and engineering services based supply chain environment.
- Proven supply chain leadership for major bids within defence contracts.
- Leadership of complex sub-contracts within the defence space.
- Proven commercial acumen and negotiator, with thorough understanding of
- category/procurement management, supply chain mechanisms and risk assessment.
- Australian Citizen with a Defence security clearance.
What we offer you
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more;
- We offer flexible working arrangements where possible to help employees find the right balance between work and home life;
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave;
- You’ll have access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- You’ll be able to participate in our weRecognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day.
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,600 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy.
Some of the programs our team across Australia and New Zealand are proud to be a part of involve:
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business;
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers;
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about Babcock visit www.babcock.com.au
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, due to the defence orientation of this role, the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain NV1 Security Clearance, as defined in the AGSVA guidelines.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, police check, security check, qualifications and right to work.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. To comply with public health orders or our customer requirements, some roles within the business will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to gain access to sites. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
Job Req ID: 55162