- Become an integral member of our high-performing team
- Develop your career within a global organisation
- Join our vision of ‘creating a safe and secure world together’
About the role
The procurement specialist will oversee the short to medium term procurement decisions that meet operational requirements whilst minimizing contract risk and maximizing value for money. Key to this role, will be the development of procurement initiatives which will include analysis of the market, supplier engagement, establishing of contractual and pricing arrangements and ongoing supplier performance management, monitoring and reporting. Your responsibilities could include:
- Review market pricing structures and establish frameworks that create transparency across varying services and trades, for the established category;
- Development of tender pack documentation, issue to market, collate responses, coordinate clarifications and complete tender evaluations
- Negotiations and agreements with suppliers and subcontractors including contract terms and pricing structures, whilst mitigating commercial risks to the business;
- Establishment of long-term partnerships and preferred suppliers as well as ongoing assistance with the development of relationships with all suppliers to the business;
- Liaise with subcontractors and suppliers to identify cost effective procurement processes that reduce overall costs;
- Collaborate with the Operations and Commercial function to ensure that operational requirements are being met whilst commercial policy is being adhered to;
- Coordinate and liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure Subcontracted works are delivered in accordance with the agreement;
- Ongoing performance management, analysis and reporting of subcontractor performance.
You will be dedicated to inspiring and motivating others to drive and achieve business outcomes. You will have superior communication skills that allow you to build effective working relationships with stakeholders and all levels and bring robust negotiation and influencing skills. You thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, and pride yourself on your ability to balance multiple, demanding and conflicting priorities and effectively find solutions to problems with a sense of urgency. You will demonstrate your ability to work autonomously and possess the following:
- Australian Citizenship with a Defence security clearance (or the ability to obtain)
- Extensive experience in a contracts & procurement or large scale buying role;
- Knowledge and understanding of Commonwealth Procurement processes and policies and practical application of the Commonwealth Procurement Guidelines would be advantageous;
- Strong systems, operational, financial, resource planning and reporting understanding;
- Knowledge of contract terms and conditions and experience in negotiation of commercial contracts;
- Previous experience within the Defence industry.
What we offer you
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more;
- We offer flexible working arrangements where possible to help employees find the right balance between work and home life;
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave;
- You’ll have access to be Rewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- You’ll be able to participate in our we Recognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day.
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,600 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy.
Some of the programs our team across Australia and New Zealand are proud to be a part of involve:
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business;
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers;
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business.
This position will work within our subsidiary Naval Ship Management (NSM), which provides asset management solutions to the Australian maritime sector. Working closely with supply chain partners, NSM provides cost-effective and responsive solutions that optimise the availability, capability, and seaworthiness of critical maritime assets. NSM supports assets across the Royal Australian Navy’s fleet – most notably the Anzac Class Frigates as a member of the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) and the Canberra Class Landing Helicopter Docks (LHD), LHD Landing Craft (LLC) and associated assets as the Asset Class Prime Contractor.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about Babcock visit www.babcock.com.au
To learn more about NSM visit www.nsm-aust.com.au
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, due to the defence orientation of this role, the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain Baseline Security Clearance, as defined in the AGSVA guidelines.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, police check, security check, qualifications and right to work.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. To comply with public health orders or our customer requirements, it is a requirement that you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to be appointed to this role. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.