- Support the Australian Defence Force’s maritime capability
- Drive Systems Engineering activities across and exciting project
- Develop your career in an ever-growing, global organisation
About the role
Supporting our Landing Helicopter Dock (LHD) program, the Platform Systems Engineer is responsible for providing specialist Systems Engineering expertise for the SEA 2048 Phase 6 project. What’s SEA 2048 Phase 6? This project will oversee the enhancement and upgrade to various LHD systems and will prepare the LHD vessels for future integration and upgrade. This is a great opportunity supporting the development and execution of engineering design activities on an exciting project supporting the Royal Australian Navy. Responsibilities could include:
- Act as the Project Engineer and Naval Architect SME for Platform related Engineering Upgrades;
- Develop, review, and progress engineering project documentation (i.e. Scoping Documents/Project Implementation Plans/Requirements/Request For Quotes for design houses);
- Actively participate in design reviews (i.e. SRR, PDR, CDR etc.) and technical workshops to champion achievement of Configuration Management baselines (i.e. NBL, RBL, FBL etc.);
- Conduct and co-ordinate internal reviews of engineering artefacts delivered for design reviews (i.e. SRR, PDR, CDR etc.) to ensure they satisfy contracted requirements and support the development of design approval documentation;
- Engage and manage all stakeholders within the Technical Support Network (TSN) on matters affecting Platform Systems.
Ideally you will have:
- Australian Citizenship with Defence security clearance (or the ability to obtain):
- Tertiary qualification in Naval Architecture or Marine, Mechatronics or Mechanical Engineering;
- Experience in Project Engineering;
- Experience in applying Systems Engineering processes in line with EIA-632, MIL-STDC-499, or similar;
- Knowledge and experience managing, designing, or implementing Engineering Change activities on a maritime platform;
- Experience developing systems and products within a regulated environment such as Aerospace and/or Defence;
- Systems Engineering experience within an ASDEFCON environment (Desirable);
- Experience in Naval Technical Regulatory System and/or Defence Seaworthiness Management System (DSwMS) (Desirable).
What we offer you
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more;
- We offer flexible working arrangements where possible to help employees find the right balance between work and home life;
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave;
- You’ll have access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- You’ll be able to participate in our weRecognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day.
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,600 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy.
Some of the programs our team across Australia and New Zealand are proud to be a part of involve:
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business;
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers;
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business.
This position will work within our subsidiary Naval Ship Management (NSM), which provides asset management solutions to the Australian maritime sector. Working closely with supply chain partners, NSM provides cost-effective and responsive solutions that optimise the availability, capability, and seaworthiness of critical maritime assets. NSM supports assets across the Royal Australian Navy’s fleet – most notably the Anzac Class Frigates as a member of the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) and the Canberra Class Landing Helicopter Docks (LHD), LHD Landing Craft (LLC) and associated assets as the Asset Class Prime Contractor.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about Babcock visit www.babcock.com.au
To learn more about NSM visit www.nsm-aust.com.au
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, due to the defence orientation of this role, the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain NV1 Security Clearance, as defined in the AGSVA guidelines.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, police check, security check, qualifications and right to work.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. To comply with public health orders or our customer requirements, it is a requirement that you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to be appointed to this role. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.