- Ability to generate appetising overtime
- Work in a centralised location
- Be part of something BIG!
About the role
Due to significant growth, our Dry Creek workshop is seeking Maintenance Technician will hold responsibility for performing maintenance and repair work to our fleet assets – both onsite and offsite. No day is ever the same and you can expect to see various breakdowns and urgent repairs, such as:
- Hallett resources CAT 972 loader comes in with transmission warning light on.
- A concrete agitator come in with brake issues
- 6 axle tipper trailer with a faulty tarp system
Some other duties you will perform, but not limited to are:
- Safely perform condition based maintenance and repair tasks on heavy vehicles, heavy equipment and ancillary equipment in a controlled manner to meet operational demands and maximise equipment availability for the customer.
- Ensure all defects are assessed, and reported accordingly.
- Contribute to continually improve our condition-based maintenance and repair strategies
- Ensure that fluid samples are taken in a highly controlled manner and processed without delay to drive condition based maintenance.
- Ensure that all specialist tools and lifting equipment is calibrated and/or certified fit for purpose before use as required by industry best practice and legislation.
- Ensure the workshop, service vehicles and facilities are kept clean and tidy and industry best practice contamination control is practiced at all times.
You will bring prior experience working in a heavy mobile equipment workshop and field service environment and therefore must hold a relevant trade certificate / heavy diesel mechanic qualification.
You are a hands-on mechanical problem solver who has the ability to develop innovative solutions to maximise opportunities for areas of growth. Having high attention to detail will see you successfully completing documentation both on technology (iPad) or paper form. You will also be an effective communicator will see you maintain solid relationships with not only your team and internal stakeholders, but suppliers too.
Ability to work a rotating roster that includes afternoon shifts and Saturday shifts, will see you generate an appetising income.
Your future at Babcock – what we offer you
We provide an agile work environment where you’re able to work onsite and remotely, and to set you up for this we provide a laptop and working from home kit if required, in addition we offer a compressed week which can provide you even more flexibility;
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more;
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave;
- You’ll have access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- You’ll be able to participate in our weRecognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day in living our principles which are Be kind, Collaborate, Be Curious, Think Outcomes, Be Courageous and Own & Deliver
- We promote and foster training and development;
- You will work with a company whose core values are those of health, safety and environment, and diversity;
- You’ll be a part of something BIG!
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,300 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy. To provide you some local context, some of the programs our team are proud to be a part of involve:
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business;
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers;
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about us visit www.babcock.com.au
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, police check, security check, qualifications and right to work.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.