- Dive into hands-on maintenance and repair operations right at the heart of RAAF Base Amberley.
- Embark on a new journey with Babcock’s pivotal Defence program- Australian Defence Force Ground Support Equipment.
- Lead the charge in swiftly addressing defects, breakdowns, and equipment calibration, all while fuelling the excitement of optimising maintenance strategies.
About the Role
An excellent opportunity to become a part of one of Babcock’s vital Defence programs. In this position, you will play a crucial role in Australian Defence Force Ground Support Equipment (ADFGSE) contract, where we collaborate closely with the Australian Defence Force to strategically manage the common GSE fleet.
Your role will be based at the RAAF Base Amberley and will involve the essential task of conducting condition-based maintenance and repair activities on heavy equipment, vehicles, and ancillary equipment. This will ensure that the equipment remains in optimal working condition to meet operational requirements, thereby maximising equipment availability for our valued customers.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for evaluating and reporting any defects, as well as promptly addressing urgent breakdowns on-site. You will play a key role in ensuring that all specialised tools and lifting equipment are properly calibrated and certified for their intended purposes. Additionally, you will actively contribute to the ongoing enhancement of our strategies for condition-based maintenance and repair.
You will bring
- Recognised trade certificate i.e. Heavy diesel mechanic, electrical, refrigeration qualification.
- Drivers Licence, Heavy Rigid or Heavy Combination.
- Significant experience in a Heavy Equipment workshop and field service environment.
- Experience and an understanding of condition monitoring principles and how they affect the fleet owning and operating costs.
- Previous experience within a Defence environment.
- Australian Citizen with a Defence security clearance.
What we offer you
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more;
- We offer flexible working arrangements where possible to help employees find the right balance between work and home life;
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave;
- You’ll have access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- You’ll be able to participate in our weRecognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day.
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,600 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy.
Some of the programs our team across Australia and New Zealand are proud to be a part of involve:
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business;
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers;
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about Babcock visit www.babcock.com.au
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, due to the defence orientation of this role, the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain NV1 Security Clearance, as defined in the AGSVA guidelines.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, police check, security check, qualifications and right to work.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. To comply with public health orders or our customer requirements, some roles within the business will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to gain access to sites. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
Job Req ID: 54283