All Orbits, All Planets – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
The Lead Warehouse Technician is intrinsic to the smooth operation of the business completing activities which facilitate in the flow of parts and assemblies within other areas of the business. The ideal candidate will fluidly interact with all areas of Gilmour ensuring that the internal customer is sufficiently serviced
Why you should join our mission:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change. This role also offers:
- Unique opportunity to join a rocket company based on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Experience the buzz of working and contributing towards a rocket launch- Join the team now to be onboard in time for our launch date
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven by its culture that emphasizes safety and conducts initiatives such as team BBQs
- Expand your skills and knowledge into the innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Managing and overseeing all warehouse activities.
- Implementing effective inventory control and management strategies
- Deliver Warehousing activities such as goods receipting, parts kitting, parts and kits delivering between sites, parts and kits delivering to internal location, etc.
- Provide strong leadership and management to all Warehouse employees including recruitment, performance management, coaching, training and personal development and promote teamwork between Supply Chain, Warehouse and other site staff
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations and responsible for maintaining a safe work environment
- Assist with site maintenance and asset management
- Ensure Warehouse operations are always compliant with company policies and procedures as well as maintain the warehouse procedures
- Assisting team members as required where trained / or qualified to do so
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Cert III in warehousing or Transport and Distribution
- Light Rigid Licence
- NV1 Security Clearance eligible preferred
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Medium Rigid licence
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Medium level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and ERP systems
- Demonstrated people and leadership skills
- Maintain detailed and accurate reports
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal personnel and external stakeholders
- Positive attitude and willingness to help out the team as and when required
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence (ability to drive a manual preferred)
- Forklift Licence (company may provide training)
- Medium Rigid Licence (Desired)
- Light Rigid Licence (essential)
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspace.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples for all positions.