- Full-time Permanent opportunity
- Manage safety within all maintenance initiatives for the fleet
- Be part of something BIG!
REF: SF 55113
About the role
Located at the iconic Henderson strip, we have an opportunity for a full-time permanent HSE Advisor.
Planning, implementing, monitoring, and reviewing compliance of work onboard naval ships is the responsibility of our HSE Advisor. Adhering to HSE legislation, policies, procedures and work practices with a positive safety culture lens you’ll be part of a collaborative safety team.
You’ll work pro-actively to support a safety management system promoting a positive safety culture throughout Babcock and our stakeholders leading to a best in industry HSE reputation.
What you will bring
- Cert IV Health & Safety Management
- Current First Aid Certificate
- General Induction Construction White Card
- Experience in an HSE Advisor Role in a similar industry
- Knowledge of ISO 14001 – Environmental Management Systems
- Knowledge of ISO 45001 – Health and Safety Management Systems
- Knowledge of Legislative requirements (Environment and Workplace Health & Safety)
- Computing Skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Formal Qualification in Environmental Management
- Formal Qualification in Incident Investigation
- Cert 111 Fire Warden
Essential Compliance Requirements
- Must either hold or be eligible to obtain and maintain an Australian Defence Security Clearance at the following level:
- AGSVA Baseline Clearance
- Construction Induction Card (White Card).
- No restrictions to access For Official Use Only (FOUO) level or ITAR controlled material
What we offer you
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more;
- We offer flexible working arrangements where possible to help employees find the right balance between work and home life;
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave;
- You’ll have access to be Rewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- You’ll be able to participate in our we Recognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day.
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,600 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy.
Some of the programs our team across Australia and New Zealand are proud to be a part of involve:
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business;
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers;
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business.
This position will work within our Marine business unit, which provides asset management solutions to the Australian maritime sector. Working closely with supply chain partners, marine provides cost-effective and responsive solutions that optimise the availability, capability, and seaworthiness of critical maritime assets. Marine supports assets across the Royal Australian Navy’s fleet – most notably the Anzac Class Frigates as a member of the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) and the Canberra Class Landing Helicopter Docks (LHD), LHD Landing Craft (LLC) and associated assets.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about Babcock visit www.babcock.com.au.