- Located in Exmouth
- Gateway to the world-class Ningaloo Reef
- Flexibility to focus on career, family, and lifestyle
As the Principal Contractor for the Naval Communications Station Harold E Holt (NCSHEH) located in Exmouth, Western Australia, Raytheon Australia provides services for the maintenance and operation of critical defence infrastructure including the Space Surveillance Telescope, Very Low Frequency (VLF) Communications Transmitter and C-Band Radar Tracking Radar.
To support our mission, Raytheon is currently seeking a motivated Mechanical Fitter who is ready to work with a diverse, talented, and enthusiastic team of tradespersons on-site in Exmouth.
If you are ready for the next step in your career and wanting a sea change, then this role is for you.
Reporting to the mechanical Supervisor you will be responsible for corrective and preventative maintenance, overhaul, repair, modification, installation, operation, and testing of facilities, equipment and systems within their trade discipline and assigned maintenance authority.
- Adhere to safety requirements and develop job safety analyses for specific tasks.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance tasks.
- Liaise with shift employees to co-ordinate downtime preventive / corrective maintenance activities.
- Follow the Lockout / Tag Out process when required.
- Plan and record work tasks in the asset / maintenance management system.
- Report incidents to a member of the management team as a priority.
- Provide technical advice as required.
- Provide on-the-job training for other staff.
- Manage stores and order equipment, parts, and items.
- General housekeeping / cleaning duties associated with trade.
- Other duties as deemed relevant to program and operational requirements.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade in discipline applicable to the position.
- Minimum of four years of post-trade experience.
- “C” class driver’s license.
Candidate must be eligible to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance. Eligibility can be found at http://www.defence.gov.au/ag with ability to satisfy ITAR material access compliance.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career access your next mission now by clicking the “Apply” button below or contact us at [email protected]