- Learjet 35A operations supporting Defence
- Commence an extraordinary career with a major Australian Defence contractor
- Live in and work from the NSW Shoalhaven area – magnificent beaches, bays, and rivers – Relocation available..
Raytheon Australia has been providing airborne adversarial Electronic Warfare (EW) training for the Australian Defence Force since 2001. We deliver this capability using highly modified special mission Learjet 35A aircraft configured to simulate real-world airborne EW threats in differing electromagnetic environments across all combat domains.
Due to an increase in operational requirements, Raytheon Australia is seeking experienced pilots to join our aviation team located on the outskirts of Nowra in the beautiful Shoalhaven region, including deployments within Australia and overseas.
Our team is diversely skilled and responsible for providing real world airborne simulation involving sophisticated EW system training, test, experimentation and evaluation trials, systems certification, radar jamming and deception, communications denial and deception and radar threat simulation to the Royal Australian Air Force, Royal Australian Navy and other Australian Defence assets. In conjunction with our technical and engineering team, your mission will be to pilot our Learjet 35A aircraft and coordinate flight operations to ensure successful and timely delivery of EW training and certification services to the customer.
- Form part of the flight crew of our special mission EW Learjet 35A aircraft.
- Assist the Head of Operations in maintaining a safe and effective working environment.
- Act as Deployment Commander on a rotation basis with other aircrew.
- Contribute to tactical operating procedures and standards for EW flight operations.
Skills, Experiences and Qualifications
- CASA Part 61 Commercial Pilot License (Aeroplane), Valid CASA Class 1 Medical Certificate and be eligible to obtain a current Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
- CASA Multi Crew Cooperation (MCC) training, Low Level Rating (Aeroplane), Formation Flying Flight Activity Endorsement (Aeroplane) and Instrument Rating (Multi Engine Aircraft (MEA) with Instrument Approach Procedure (IAP) 2D and IAP 3D)
- Minimum of 2000 hours total flight time, 1000 hours Pilot In Command (PIC) and 800 hours turbine time
- 6 years minimum flying experience as a pilot in military aviation operations.
- Military pilot fast jet experience is desirable (RAAF Introductory Fighter Course (IFC) equivalent)
- Ability to act as alternate Head of Operations is highly desirable
- Other CASA qualifications such as Flight Instructor, Flight Examiner or previous check and/or training experience would also be desirable
Successful candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 2 Security Clearance from the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA)
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career access your next mission now by clicking on the “Apply” button below or contact us at [email protected]