- Learjet Operations supporting Defence – permanent position
- Commence an extraordinary career with a major Defence contractor
- Work and live in the NSW Shoalhaven area – magnificent beaches, sun and surf! Relocation offered to right candidate
Raytheon Australia has been providing airborne adversarial Electronic Warfare (EW) training for Australian Defence Force warfare and command teams since 2001. We deliver this capability using highly modified special mission Learjet 35 aircraft configured to simulate real-world airborne EW threats in differing electromagnetic environments across all combat domains.
We are seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to join our Joint Adversarial Training And Testing Services (JATTS) Program located in the beautiful Shoalhaven region near Nowra NSW. Our team is diversely skilled and responsible for providing real world airborne simulation involving sophisticated EW system training, test, experimentation and evaluation trials, radar jamming and deception, communications denial and deception and radar threat simulation to the Royal Australian Navy fleet and other Australian Defence assets.
As the Engineering Manager your role will be to provide system processes, technical coordination and design change management for JATTS Learjet 35 aircraft and associated mission and support systems. The Engineering Manager is required to perform all duties of Project Engineering Management, including process control, coordination, configuration control and the standardisation required of an Authorised Engineering Organisation. This critical position requires an experienced engineering professional with proven leadership skills and the ability to direct and manage staff within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Establishing, managing and reporting engineering metrics and key performance indicators.
- Provision and planning of engineering resources, necessary to meet the company’s technical obligations.
- Support the maintenance of engineering tools for the conduct of the engineering activities.
- Providing process guidance, standards, technical management, and engineering direction.
- Providing input to overall standards, processes, and system design.
- Managing operations, phasing, and tasking in support of the project schedule.
- Technical operations coordination.
- Defining, establishing, and controlling the engineering methodology, tools, and procedures required to complete the engineering tasks assigned.
- Performing technical risk analysis as required.
- Coordinating defect investigations including maintenance-related investigations.
- Identifying and recording any problems relating to the product, process, and quality system.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- A proven ability to make significant improvements to processes, systems or products to enhance the performance of a work area.
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts.
- Experience managing a team with focus on policy and strategy implementation.
- Experience establishing operational plans with measurable contribution towards the achievement of results of the Function / Product Line.
- Previous experience being responsible for hiring, firing, promotion and reward authority within a specific area, in accordance with management review and approval.
- Ability to lead, direct, and review the work of a team who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments.
- Requires a University Degree in Engineering.
- Tertiary qualifications and professional development sufficient to attain recognition as Chartered Professional Engineer with Engineers Australia in a relevant engineering stream.
- Minimum of 10 years prior relevant experience.
- Requires broad management knowledge to lead project teams in the Function / Product Line.
Eligibility to gain a Defence Security Clearance up to Negative Vetting Level 1.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career access your next mission now by clicking on the “Apply” button below or contact us at [email protected]