All Orbits, All Planets – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
We are hiring for a Corporate Governance Coordinator to provide support to the CEO, CFO and Directors of Gilmour Space. This means that you will be required to administer the shareholding related affairs of the company and coordinate the business of the Board. As our governance specialist, the Company will rely on you to provide advice & implement good governance practices. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to establish their career in corporate governance and broaden their professional skills set.
Why you should join our mission:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change. This role also offers:
- Unique opportunity to join a rocket company based on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Experience the buzz of working and contributing towards a rocket launch- Join the team now to be onboard in time for our launch date
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven by its culture that emphasizes safety and conducts initiatives such as team BBQs
- Expand your skills and knowledge into the innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do:
- Maintaining compliance with the ASIC filing requirements including:
- maintaining a registered office, and to notify ASIC of any change in address.
- notifying ASIC of a change to the principal place of business
- notifying ASIC of changes to the member register
- notifying ASIC of changes to the share structure
- lodging notices with ASIC regarding personal details of directors and secretaries
- notifying ASIC of any issue of shares
- responding to extract of particulars, and to return of particulars.
- notifying ASIC of changes to ultimate holding company
Support the Effectiveness of the Board
- Coordinating board processes:
- board and committee papers; and
- circulation of agendas, minutes, discussion papers, proposals for the board and its committees
- Monitoring that board policy and procedures are followed.
- Coordinating the timely completion and despatch of board resolutions, the board agenda and briefing material
- Ensuring members’ and directors’ meetings are properly called and held.
- Ensuring the necessary registers are established and properly maintained.
- Ensuring that the company’s financial records are maintained, and reports prepared in accordance with the requirements of the Act.
- Ensuring records of members’ and directors’ meetings are kept in compliance with the Act and the organisation’s constitution.
- Understanding and ensuring the company complies with its statutory obligations, including:
- ensuring requirements of ASIC and other regulators are met, including continuous disclosure; and
- providing or procuring advice for directors regarding application of the Act, company constitution, ASX requirements and other legal and regulatory requirements.
- Development, implementation, communication and maintenance of compliance policies, processes and procedures.
- Maintain and ensure the share register is up to date and all share certificates have been issued.
- Coordinate the timely completion of shareholder reporting requirements.
- Manage the investor relations email account.
- Assist in the capital raising efforts of the company.
Manage the ESOP
- To manage the ESOP register, ensuring information is up to date and accurate in line with Gilmour Space requirements.
- To manage the Gilmour Space ESOP Trust as necessary
- Perform any other duties as required or directed which fall within the incumbent’s abilities.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Law or related discipline preferred
- Legal or paralegal background
- NV1 Security Clearance eligible preferred
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Excellent telephone and/or face to face communication skills
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Good knowledge of Gilmour Space policies and procedures essential
- Ability to surge
- Exposure to CAKE or other shareholding management tools
- Familiarity with ESOP
- Previous Company Secretary experience
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspace.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples for all positions.