- Leading Defence Contractor committed to driving strategic growth
- Tailored career and development opportunities
- Located in Williamtown, Brisbane, or Sydney
An opportunity is available for a Configuration & Data Management Manager to join our ADATS Raytheon team.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Configuration & Data Management Manager is responsible for ensuring that product configuration identification, configuration control, configuration status accounting and configuration audits for each project are accomplished in accordance with the company configuration management system and the particular needs of individual programs.
- Ensure configuration management activities for a project are properly estimated, planned and supported by appropriate tools and trained personnel.
- Ensure configuration items and associated data are correctly identified, and baselines are accurate.
- Ensure changes are managed from creation through to implementation, including conduct of effective Configuration Control Board meetings.
- Ensure configuration status accounts are complete and accurate, with reports generated as required to support project activities.
- Ensure configuration audits are conducted and are used to verify accuracy of configuration records.
- Manage a team of configuration management and data management staff.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant degree qualification in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Formal training in configuration management such as Certified International Configuration Manager by International Society of Configuration, or CMII.
- Minimum of six (6) years prior relevant experience.
- Requires understanding of basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritising, coaching and process execution.
- Requires advanced knowledge of configuration management techniques, particularly in a defence electronics environment with understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organisation.
- Experience with systems based on the Capability Maturity Model Integration.
- Experience with configuration management standards such as EIA-649.
Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 Security Clearance as needed. Eligibility can be found at http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career, click the “Apply” button now or contact us at [email protected]