- Communications Specialist
- Fixed term 6-month Contract
- Position will be based in Melbourne, Vic
The Communications Specialist is responsible for assisting Enhanced Position Location Reporting System (EPLRS) users with management of EPLRS networks and sub systems for testing within a development laboratory environment.
The Communications Specialist will also be responsible for the ongoing management of a Communications Security (COMSEC) Account. The position will manage all aspects of the account and associated equipment in accordance with the relevant Defence regulations to ensure compliance.
- Service Delivery – provide support to all EPLRS networks, infrastructure, requests and problems to meet Service Level Objectives.
- Hardware Support – diagnose and resolve all EPLRS faults for Operational systems and testing activities.
- Security – Provide security advice to system users, customers and system administrators on standards and best practices as defined by Raytheon and Defence. Report any security violations in accordance with Raytheon and Defence policy.
- System and Network Monitoring – Monitoring of EPLRS network to ensure systems planning and testing can be performed.
- Field Support – Be prepared to provide services to Defence and other Users in Barracks environment and, occasionally while on training exercise.
- Communications Security – Manage and maintain the Raytheon Australia COMSEC Account and manage the overall Physical environment and conduct Security Investigations as required.
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Understanding of digital Radio Systems operation or equivalent experience
- Qualification in Information Technology / Telecommunications is desirable.
- COMSEC Custodian qualification is highly desirable. Ability to obtain is essential.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within a Defence or technical environment
Applicants must be able to obtain and maintain a NV2 Defence Security Clearance, Eligibility criteria can be found at http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career access your next mission by clicking the “Apply” button below or contact us at [email protected]