- A great opportunity to drive and grow your career
- Join a business doing meaningful work
- Career development opportunities within a global business
About the role
The Commercial Officer role shall support the Commercial Manager to prioritise current and future commercial requirements of the NSM business, and shall provide commercial, procurement, subcontracting and bid support both at corporate and project levels.
Responsibilities could include:
- Assist in commercial analysis and legal review of tender and head contract documentation as they relate to new business opportunities;
- Support commercial negotiations with internal customers and relevant subcontractors as part of integrated negotiation team;
- Assist Contract Manager in implementation of contract by developing applicable Contract Management Plans and Rights and Obligations Matrices in conjunction with Contract Manager, including in respect of Technical Data if relevant;
- Assist in development and drafting subcontract agreements and deeds for new business opportunities, including NDAs, Teaming Agreements, MOUs and RFQs in accordance with company standards
- Work collaboratively with Procurement, Finance, and other key internal customers to continuously improve service delivery, value for money and financial reporting.
Ideally you will have
- Australian Citizen with current Defence security clearance (or ability to obtain);
- Relevant Degree and experience in law, commerce, finance, construction or maintenance management, engineering, or related discipline;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of common contract terms and conditions;
- Strong financial and business acumen;
- Previous experience in similar Commercial roles;
- Prior experience in the Defence sector.
What we offer you
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more;
- We offer flexible working arrangements where possible to help employees find the right balance between work and home life;
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave;
- You’ll have access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- You’ll be able to participate in our weRecognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day.
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,600 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy.
Some of the programs our team across Australia and New Zealand are proud to be a part of involve:
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business;
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers;
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business.
This position will work within our subsidiary Naval Ship Management (NSM), which provides asset management solutions to the Australian maritime sector. Working closely with supply chain partners, NSM provides cost-effective and responsive solutions that optimise the availability, capability, and seaworthiness of critical maritime assets. NSM supports assets across the Royal Australian Navy’s fleet – most notably the Anzac Class Frigates as a member of the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) and the Canberra Class Landing Helicopter Docks (LHD), LHD Landing Craft (LLC) and associated assets as the Asset Class Prime Contractor.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about Babcock visit www.babcock.com.au
To learn more about NSM visit www.nsm-aust.com.au
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, due to the defence orientation of this role, the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain Baseline/NV1 Security Clearance, as defined in the AGSVA guidelines.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, police check, security check, qualifications and right to work.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. To comply with public health orders or our customer requirements, it is a requirement that you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to be appointed to this role. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.