- An industry leader and one of the most reputable technology innovators in the world
- Apply and grow your skills as a specialist Combat System Technician
- Working with a great team by the water at Garden Island and Henderson, WA
A career at Raytheon Australia will provide you with competitive remuneration and benefits, flexible working conditions and the opportunity to build a successful and rewarding career with one of the world’s largest and most technologically advanced companies. When you join Raytheon Australia, you are joining a recognised leader and trusted partner in the Australian defence industry. As the leading systems integrator for Collins Class Submarines, we provide mission-focussed, technical support and solutions.
As a Combat Systems Technician you will enjoy exciting work and career opportunities, focusing on the maintenance and support of combat systems for the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) Submarine Force. Working proactively and independently you will have the opportunity to engage directly with RAN personnel and the Raytheon Australia team supporting Collins Class Submarines. A background in Naval or Military electronics technology, hardware and systems will be highly advantageous.
- Apply the skills necessary to perform maintenance on a naval combat system.
- Understand system features and capabilities; to enable you to promptly assess and diagnose problems and develop solutions as required.
- Prepare and execute maintenance plans to meet budget and timeline objectives.
- Work collaboratively with engineering specialists to report problems, develop solutions and provide feedback; cooperating with colleagues to ensure equipment is fit for purpose and well-maintained to meet the operational requirements of Collins Class Submarines.
- Support your peers and other teams by assisting with the assembly, installation and testing of equipment.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- A minimum of Certificate III Electrical, Electronics or Communications; coupled with minimum 2 years post qualification experience in a Defence or similar industry setting.
- Understanding and experience in electronic system fault finding and diagnostic skills; electrical and data interface standards and protocols (RS232/422, USB, Networking); operating systems/servers, network protocols (Linux, Unix and Windows).
- Experience working in a small and dynamic team to deliver outcomes to defined timelines.
- Meet the work, health and safety requirements – both Raytheon Australia and legal standards.
This position may require availability to travel within Australia and Overseas to support Submarine maintenance.
The successful Candidates must be eligible to obtain and maintain up to a Negative Vetting Level 1 Security Clearance as needed. Eligibility can be found at http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva
If you are looking for a rewarding career opportunity, click the “Apply” button now or contact us at [email protected]