Asset Lifecycle Engineer
- Agile working available!
- Opportunity for career progression!
- Work with integral maritime Defence assets!
You’re an Asset Lifecycle Engineer ready to join a team of industry experts and be responsible for the conduct of strategic Asset Management analysis and activities, balancing technical management and operational capabilities against cost drivers and contractual constraints of the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA).
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assess operational data, trends and changes for designated systems. This will include writing reports and responding to investigations.
- Conduct System Reviews including technical risk assessments for designated systems
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis to identify causes of failure events and appropriate solutions
- Initial assessment and oversight of Engineering Change activities for designated systems
- Upkeep Asset Management Plans to maintain operational effectiveness (reliability, availability, and maintainability)
- Develop Asset Optimisation options and prepare business cases
- Manage implementation of Asset Optimisation recommendations
- Review peer work, identify risks and unknowns and support planning activities
- Provide input and recommendations for the continuous improvement of company processes and standard procedures
With your broad engineering background in either Mechanical, Electrical, Materials or Structural you have a strong working knowledge of Defence engineering, maintenance and financial policies and procedures. You thrive in an environment were working collaboratively towards a common goal is encouraged, meaning you have the support of your team every step of the way, but you can also work autonomously when needed.
Your qualification is recognised and eleigable to obtain Professional Engineer category membership.
You have demonstrated experience with data analysis and problem-solving skills, with experience in the principles and applications of RAM, FMECA, RCM, LORA, FRACAS, Sparing and LCC analyses methodologies.
Your future at Babcock – what we offer you
- We provide an agile work environment where you’re able to work onsite and remotely, and to set you up for this we provide a laptop and working from home kit if required, in addition we offer a compressed week which can provide you even more flexibility.
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave.
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave.
- You’ll have access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan.
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days.
- You’ll be able to participate in our weRecognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day in living our principles which are Be kind, Collaborate, Be Curious, Think Outcomes, Be Courageous and Own & Deliver.
Who we are:
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,300 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy.
If you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about us visit www.babcock.com.au
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, due to the defence orientation of this role, the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain NV1 Security Clearance, as defined in the AGSVA guidelines.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, police check, security check, qualifications and right to work.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.