- Progressive and innovative Global business
- Full Time Permanent Opportunity
- Work for an agile organisation
About the role
As the Assembly Technician, you will be responsible for the production of large ICT & RF equipment assemblies in a production environment. Capable of following detailed instructions, you will be able to accurately assemble, power up and check assemblies ensuring all appropriate technical and safety checks are completed. You will also be responsible for equipment software versions and configurations to ensure equipment compatibility.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Assembly of ICT & RF equipment using hand tools and proper assembly techniques.
- Follow detailed instructions provided via checklists and guides to accurately assemble, check and power up large installations of RF & ICT equipment.
- Loading software and updating configurations of equipment.
- Preparing, setting up, and performing start-ups and shutdowns (e.g., racks, servers, switches, radios) according to specific instructions provided via checklists, guides, and standard processes.
- Performing post-assembly quality checks, verifying that grounding, labelling and cabling are properly set up according to safety protocols, standards, and design documentation
- Performing diagnostics and troubleshooting following standard procedures to quickly identify the cause(s) of issues and replace faulty components with minimal disruption.
- Maintaining a safe and clean environment by keeping shelves and workstations neat; complying with company procedures and policies.
- Participating in safety briefings, completes required safety training, complies with safety procedures (e.g., equipment use, lifting, electrical hazards).
- Contributes to a positive and effective team environment by sharing information with others, contributing to regular team meetings, asking questions, and staying apprised of the status of others’ work.
You will be a strong Assembly Technician with a Certificate 2 or 3 in ICT and an ACMA recognised Open Cable Registration. that brings quality systems knowledge and experience within a quality framework. You understand the standard processes and procedures for preparing, installing, performing diagnostics and troubleshooting RF & ICT equipment and can follow procedures to communicate, report, and escalate incidents to appropriate technician leads and engineering specialists.
You will also have:
- High school certificate, basic knowledge of computer hardware, radio components and 1+ year(s) experience supporting IT or RF.
- Good time management skills
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Inventory management / ERP systems equipment or related technology
Your future at Babcock – what we offer you
- We provide an agile work environment where you’re able to work onsite and remotely, and to set you up for this we provide a laptop and working from home kit if required, in addition we offer a compressed week which can provide you even more flexibility;
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more;
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave;
- You’ll have access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- You’ll be able to participate in our weRecognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day in living our principles which are Be kind, Collaborate, Be Curious, Think Outcomes, Be Courageous and Own & Deliver.
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,300 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy.
Some of the programs our team across Australia and New Zealand are proud to be a part of involve:
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business;
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers;
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about us visit www.babcock.com.au
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, due to the defence orientation of this role, the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain NV1 Security Clearance, as defined in the AGSVA guidelines.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, police check, security check, qualifications and right to work.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. To comply with public health orders or our customer requirements, some roles within the business will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to gain access to sites. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.