About the Role:
As the Antenna Maintenance Lead at Babcock Australasia, you will play a pivotal role in the maintenance and sustainment of the Defence High Frequency Communications System (DHFCS) and Enhanced Defence High-Frequency Communications System (EDHFCS). Serving as a subject matter expert, you will lead all antenna maintenance activities across the four Australian sites. This role involves crucial responsibilities in routine maintenance, emergent works, and corrective repairs, contributing to the success of the JP9101 program and providing mission-critical advice to internal and external stakeholders.
We are seeking candidates with:
- At least 10 years’ experience as an advanced rigger in antenna maintenance.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in leading and managing a geographically dispersed team.
- Proven experience in basic management approaches, including work scheduling, prioritizing tasks, coaching, and process execution.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to stay current with technical developments in antenna maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team in maintaining high technical and quality standards.
- Strong analytical skills for complex decision-making.
- Excellent communication skills to engage with a variety of stakeholders.
- The capability to manage workloads, control conflicting priorities, and deliver outcomes to strict deadlines in high-pressure environments.
- Thought leadership in developing innovative solutions and supporting continuous improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated application of Health, Safety, Environment, and Quality (HSEQ) processes and policies.
Your Future at Babcock – What We Offer You:
- We provide an agile work environment where you’re able to work onsite and remotely, and to set you up for this we provide a laptop and working from home kit if required, in addition we offer a compressed week which can provide you even more flexibility;
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more;
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave;
- You’ll have access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- You’ll be able to participate in our weRecognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day in living our principles which are Be kind, Collaborate, Be Curious, Think Outcomes, Be Courageous and Own & Deliver.
Skills and Competencies:
- Advanced Rigger qualification.
- Radhaz, Elevated Work Platform (EWP), Excavator, Skid steer, Frontend Loader, Telehandler, Tower Rescue, Working at Heights, First Aid with CPR, Confined space certifications.
Essential Compliance Requirements:
- Australian Defence Security Clearance at AGSVA Negative Vetting – NV1 level.
- Australian citizenship.
- Current passport.
- Licenses: Open ‘C’ class motor vehicle, Heavy Ridged (HR) truck, Forklift.
- No restrictions to access For Official Use Only (FOUO) level or ITAR controlled material.
If you are ready to lead and make a significant impact in the field of antenna maintenance, contributing to the success of Babcock Australasia, please submit your application, including your resume and cover letter, to [email address]. Please include “Antenna Maintenance Lead Application” in the subject line.
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,600 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy.
Some of the programs our team across Australia and New Zealand are proud to be a part of involve:
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business;
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers;
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about Babcock visit www.babcock.com.au
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, due to the defence orientation of this role, the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain Baseline Security Clearance, as defined in the AGSVA guidelines.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, police check, security check, qualifications and right to work.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. To comply with public health orders or our customer requirements, some roles within the business will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to gain access to sites. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant