All Orbits, All Planets – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
We are hiring for an Aeronautical Systems Engineer to support the Chief Engineering team to execute and administer advanced systems engineering activities across the entire company’s technical ventures. Document and communicate across teams to ensure duties are performed in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work
performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Supervise, execute and administer systems engineering activities across the entire systems engineering lifecycle from conceptual design through to and including verification.
- Prepare and safely conduct system level assembly integration and test in support of or on behalf of the product program teams.
- Support the Chief Engineer, Product Program Managers and the CEO/CTO to
develop R&D and Product Development roadmaps to support future business growth.
- Support design engineering, manufacturing engineering and test engineering teams to deliver against the organisations engineering management system policies and processes.
- Prepare and execute sub-system and system level reviews from requirements
reviews through to and including operational readiness reviews.
- Support the chief engineering department and product program teams in designing, preparing and executing system level activities such as concept, architecture and requirement development and system level verification activities such as qualification and acceptance.
- Design and prepare system level concept of operations including operational
documentation such as procedures, user manuals and other supporting materials.
- Develop and update engineering management system documentation and provide
support to Product Program management for development and update of product
specific system documentation.
- Work with the Human Resources team to grow the Gilmour Space team as required.
- Other duties as requested by Management.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or similar technical stream, in a relevant field (e.g. Aerospace/Electrical/Mechanical/Mechantronics Engineering)
- Formal education in Systems Engineering preferably Space Systems
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in an applicable/relevant industry
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience directly executing systems engineering
- Familiarity with international Space Systems standards and processes
- Exceptional computer skills
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
If you have one or more of the following it makes you a stronger candidate:
- NV1 Security Clearance eligible preferred OR NV2 Security Clearance eligible
- INCOSE certified SEP
- CPEng and or RPEQ
- Knowledge of ECSS, SMC, ISO or equivalent standards
- Masters in Space Systems Engineering
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspace.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples for all positions.
Salary Range: $85,000 – $120,000 + Super