- Defence sector
- High growth business
- Adelaide location
This organisation is the Australian subsidiary of a privately owned, global multinational specialising in providing application-engineered bespoke solutions for its customers’ mission critical situations in the defence, security, critical detection and control markets. The Australian BU is a key business within the Group and is a trusted and strategic partner in the defence domain focusing on mission-centric equipment and systems. The business is strongly positioned for substantial growth over the medium-term.
Reporting to Country CEO and managing a team of 7 direct reports, the Director of Operations is a broad and challenging appointment that will contribute to the delivery of the organisation’s strategy as a key member of the senior management team. The Director of Operations is responsible for the oversight and performance of the Australian business continuous improvement programs, overall leadership and development of the manufacturing, quality, safety, procurement, facilities and operational security activities across all Australian Operations. Deep experience and understanding of Defence Security along with demonstrated experience in facilities management and new build for a defence facility will be highly regarded.
The ideal candidate is a politically astute and experienced Operations Leader who has a demonstrated track record of leadership and direction of the operational functions of a complex organisation. You are a leader who exhibits exceptional interpersonal skills and can work with and motivate a diverse team of Managers.
Critical for consideration:
- Experience working in a dynamic, high growth environment;
- Demonstrated familiarity with the Defence Security Principles Framework (DSPF), operation of the Defence Industrial Security Program and COMSEC requirements;
- A good understanding of cross functional business processes and experience in in process development and methodology;
- Demonstrated change management experience, and ability to take a strategic view;
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience and commitment to HSE procedures and practices;
- Ability to drive for results and delivery focused, with good attention to detail and able to prioritise the team / tasks;
- Executive-level communication & influencing skills with the ability to resolve issues and build consensus;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously whilst able to motivate others around the business;
- Degree or Diploma in engineering, business or a related field. Formal certification in Lean or Lean Six-Sigma would be well regarded; and
- 2+ years leading and delivering continuous improvement projects/initiatives (preferably defence).
If your experience and qualifications are commensurate with the above and you have experience working in the Australian Defence environment supported by Defence security clearance of at least NV1 (or able to obtain), please contact Imogen Francis from Derwent Search on 0403 469 944 for a confidential discussion.